The Olmsted at Kensington Grades 5-8 program helps to develop conscientious contributors to the community and prepares them for college, careers and beyond.
OLMSTED MIDDLE SCHOOL LIFE
- 5th grade has its own wing on first floor without through traffic from other grade levels
- 5th and 6th grade students remain with homeroom teacher for core subject instruction and travel only to specials (music, art, GT, Physical Education, Lunch)
- Continuation of GT program throughout middle school
- Opportunities for acceleration in Math start in 7th grade
- Regents Living Environment taken by all 8th grade students
- Separate lunch room shared by 5th and 6th grades with full service hot lunches
- Specials include Art, Music and Physical Education (including swim classes)
- Opportunity to experience Chinese, French and Spanish languages
- After school clubs such as Girls on the Run, Cooking, Chess
- Instrumental music lessons, concert band, orchestra and strings
- Middle School Cross Country, Swim and Track teams
- Parent facilitated sports clubs such as Ski Club
- Field trips for enrichment and reward
Caring, intuitive administration, faculty and staff are available to provide additional academic support and guidance when needed. Olmsted offers Peer Tutoring through the Students for Other Students Foundation as well as writing support in our dedicated Olmsted Writing Lab (OWL), a partnership with Canisius College.