Great news! If you have a child at Olmsted, you’re already a member of the OPTO! YOU CAN PARTICIPATE! What, when, and how is up to you. So get involved! Your participation is essential to our success and our success benefits each child.
Mission: To enhance and enrich the educational and social development of the students, faculty, and families of the Frederick Law Olmsted School.
The Olmsted Parent Teacher Organization (OPTO) is an organization of parents, teachers, students, staff, and administrators at the Fredrick Law Olmsted School. The OPTO’s purpose is to serve the students and staff of the Olmsted program. Besides community building, our primary purpose is to raise money to sponsor items and events that complement and enhance the curriculum and student achievement. The OPTO and its achievements are part of what make the Olmsted School a shining star in the Buffalo Public School System!
● A sound education is the basis for a successful life.
● Parental involvement increases a student’s success in school.
● A strong school has parents, teachers, students, administrators, and the community working together.
● Students thrive in a school that has a clear sense of community.
● Parents are the most effective advocates for quality education for their children.
• Increase parental involvement in school activities. Increase teacher and parental involvement in the OPTO.
• Enhance communication between school and home.
• Raise funds to enrich classroom instruction and provide cultural experiences.
• Advocate for the educational needs of the Olmsted students.
The Olmsted Parent Teacher Organization always needs help with numerous volunteer efforts in the school and help with running our various committees and events. Many activities, events, and school supplies are made possible by the OPTO. The OPTO sponsors field trips such as trips to the Aquarium, Becker and Kelkenberg farms, Rockwell Hall, The TOY Theater, and the Sugar Shack. We also sponsor in-school presentations such as theater, stories, music, dance, zoo, career day, famous women, talent shows, After School Clubs, and Native American presentations. We have bought computers, maps, projectors, books, gym supplies, art supplies, and science equipment.
OPTO OFFICERS 2016-2017
• Co-President (representing 64) Lisa Levisy-Potwora firstname.lastname@example.org
• Co-President (representing 156) Rose Falcone email@example.com
• Co-Vice President (representing 64) Tawandra Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
• Treasurer Tracy King Rosenhahn email@example.com
• Co-Vice President (representing 156) Michael LoVullo Mlovullo2011@gmail.com
• Secretary Lori Perryman Perryman.firstname.lastname@example.org 2016-2017
OPTO BOARD MEMBERS
1. Lori Evans
2. Rose Falcone
3. Soyenia Gibson
4. Leona Harper
5. Megan Hurley
6. Kris Kemmis
7. Tracy King-Rosenhahn
8. Michael Lovullo
9. Robin Mann
10. Melanie Matteson
11. Monika McFoy
12. Yolanda Woods
Mrs. Williams (64 representative), Michael Gruber, Joshua Freeburg
Questions? Please email email@example.com
OPTO VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES If you are interested in volunteering for one of our events or committees, or have an idea for a fundraiser or committee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Candy Bar Sale (156 only) • Cherrydale Fundraiser (64)
• BBQ Chicken Dinner/Fall Fair (64)
• Treehouse Fundraiser
• Celebrate Olmsted Foundation Event
• Barnes and Noble Fundraiser – Event is open to the public February
• Booster Club Fish Fry (@156)
• Spring Niagara Candy Sale
• Spaghetti Dinner and Basket Raffle (@156)
• Foundation Walk (64 only)
• Food Trucks Fundraiser (@64) – Event is open to the public
• Field Day (@64)
Year Long Fundraisers: Kornerstone Coffee Sale (156 & 64), Gift Cards (156 & 64)
Ongoing Groups/Committees: Baking Committee (64 and 156) & Gardening Committee (64 and 156)